Iron & Steel
Rourkela is a major trade center of Iron & Steel. One of the first steel plant, Rourkela Steel Plant, was set up in Rourkela in 1960. Rourkela Steel Plant operates as a unit of SAIL. Read more →
- CM Shifts Stand on IIM, Rourkela Cries Foul - The New Indian Express March 3, 2015CM Shifts Stand on IIM, Rourkela Cries FoulThe New Indian ExpressBJP sources said Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Jual Oram and Rourkela legislator Dilip Ray had met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and HRD Minister Smriti Zubin Irani and impressed upon them that an IIM in Western Odisha would balance the lopsided ...
- NIT student dies after falling from train in Odisha - Odisha Sun Times March 2, 2015NIT student dies after falling from train in OdishaOdisha Sun TimesIn a tragic incident, a student of National Institute of Technology (NIT) in Rourkela died after falling down from a running train at Rajgangpur railway station in Odisha's Sundargarh district this morning. Body of NIT student The deceased, identified ...
- Newly-Wed Couple among Seven Dead in Rourkela Accident - The New Indian Express February 25, 2015The New Indian ExpressNewly-Wed Couple among Seven Dead in Rourkela AccidentThe New Indian ExpressRourkela SP Anirudh Singh confirmed that seven occupants of the car were killed, while two others critically injured are undergoing treatment at Ispat General Hospital (IGH). After the marriage function at Sriramnagar in Berhampur, nine persons ...Newly married couple, 7 killed in […]
- Seven, including newly married couple, die in road accident in Odisha - The Hindu February 24, 2015Odisha SamayaSeven, including newly married couple, die in road accident in OdishaThe HinduSeven persons, including a newly married couple, were killed when a car carrying a marriage party collided head on with a truck at Lathikata on National Highway-143, near Rourkela, about 350 km from Bhubaneswar on early Tuesday morning. The marriage ...Just married couple among […]
- Dayanidhi Kissan is no more - Business Standard February 17, 2015Orissadiary.comDayanidhi Kissan is no moreBusiness StandardA former MLA from Bonai assembly constituency in Sundargarh district, Kissan was also an ex-Chairman of Rourkela Development Authority (RDA). Kissan was admitted to Ispat General Hospital here after he fell from the terrace of his building this morning ...Ex MLA DeadThe New Indian ExpressEx Odisha MLA Dayanidhi Kisan falls from […]
- Odisha: Two NIT, Rourkela students drowned in the Gudguda waterfall - Orissadiary.com February 15, 2015Orissadiary.comOdisha: Two NIT, Rourkela students drowned in the Gudguda waterfallOrissadiary.comRourkela: Two final year Civil Engineering students of NIT, Rourkela (NITR) drowned on Saturday while taking bath in the Gudguda waterfall near Kuchinda of Sambalpur district. They were identified as Nishant Rawot (23) of Dehradun, Uttarakhand and ...Two NIT students drown in waterfall in OdishaZee NewsBody of […]
- Draft Proposal Ready for Greater Rourkela - The New Indian Express February 13, 2015Draft Proposal Ready for Greater RourkelaThe New Indian ExpressRourkela ADM and RDA Secretary K Sudershan Chakravorty said the geographical area of CDP would be 258 sq kms spread over 52 urban and sub-urban pockets and 52 villages. The CDP proposal projects infrastructure demand till 2031 when the city's ...
- "Bhumi Pujan" for 1 MW Solar PV Power Generation System at Rourkela Steel ... - Economic Times February 10, 2015"Bhumi Pujan" for 1 MW Solar PV Power Generation System at Rourkela Steel ...Economic TimesROURKELA: Ground breaking ceremony for the Rs 6.37 crore 1 MW Solar PV Power Generation System was preformed at Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) here today. Performing the ground breaking ceremony, RSP's CEO G.S.Prasad expressed satisfaction over ...
- 2 killed in blast in Rourkela - The Hindu February 3, 2015The New Indian Express2 killed in blast in RourkelaThe HinduTwo persons were killed when a blast occurred inside a house at Bisra Road area in Rourkela on Monday. The victims, identified as Ghaman Lal Agarwal and Bideshi (35), were suspected to be trading explosive materials illegally. The accidental blast ...Two killed in blast, detonators and gelatine […]
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik to address BYJD training camp at Rourkela on Feb 14 - Orissadiary.com February 2, 2015Orissadiary.comOdisha CM Naveen Patnaik to address BYJD training camp at Rourkela on Feb 14Orissadiary.comOn 15th Chief Minister and President, BJD will address the gathering above 20,000 youth delegates from Sundargarh and Rourkela organisational districts. Many o Ministers, MPs, MLAs and Senior Party Leader will also attend the Two days Training Camp.and more »
Weather for Rourkela
Today is forecast to be Much Warmer than yesterday.
High 29° / Low 15°
A mix of clouds and sun. High 29C. Winds W at 15 to 25 km/h.
High 31° / Low 15°
Sunny skies. High 31C. Winds light and variable.
High 31° / Low 16°
Sunny skies. High 31C. Winds light and variable.