Iron & Steel
Rourkela is a major trade center of Iron & Steel. One of the first steel plant, Rourkela Steel Plant, was set up in Rourkela in 1960. Rourkela Steel Plant operates as a unit of SAIL. Read more →
- IIM Row over, HC Bench Issue Starts Kicking - The New Indian Express June 29, 2015IIM Row over, HC Bench Issue Starts KickingThe New Indian ExpressFormer president of Rourkela Bar Association (RBA) Ramesh Bal said both IIM and the HC bench were long standing demands of the city in the tribal-dominated Sundargarh district. After Sambalpur was finalised for the IIM, the HC bench should be located ...
- New Rly Projects Set to Boost Rourkela Growth - The New Indian Express June 29, 2015The New Indian ExpressNew Rly Projects Set to Boost Rourkela GrowthThe New Indian ExpressSources claimed that following persistent demand, the Railway Ministry seems to have taken interest to create a new division at Rourkela. Union Tribal Affairs Minister Jual Oram said he has been consistently raising the issue of new railway division at ...
- Voices of Dissent in Rourkela over IIM - The New Indian Express June 26, 2015Voices of Dissent in Rourkela over IIMThe New Indian ExpressTalking to mediapersons, SNM general secretary PP Ray said Rourkela should have been the natural choice for the IIM, but the BJD led State Government recommended Sambalpur keeping an eye on the upcoming Sambalpur Municipal Corporation election ...
- Modernisation work at Puri: ECoR to short terminate 5, cancel 12 trains - Odisha Sun Times June 22, 2015Odisha Sun TimesModernisation work at Puri: ECoR to short terminate 5, cancel 12 trainsOdisha Sun TimesApart from this, 58131 Rourkela-Puri Passenger, scheduled to leave Rourkela on June 24, will be short terminated at Cuttack and will return to Rourkela on June 25 as 58132 Puri-Rourkela Passenger from Cuttack to Rourkela and also remain cancelled ...
- Second Electric Loco Shed to Come up in Rourkela - The New Indian Express June 15, 2015The New Indian ExpressSecond Electric Loco Shed to Come up in RourkelaThe New Indian ExpressROURKELA: With Sundargarh district witnessing development in various sectors, the South Eastern Railway (SER) is all set to establish a second electric locomotive shed at Bondamunda of Rourkela city. A release issued by SER stated that to meet the ...
- Engineer Killed in Mishap at Rourkela Steel Plant - The New Indian Express June 12, 2015Orissadiary.comEngineer Killed in Mishap at Rourkela Steel PlantThe New Indian ExpressROURKELA: An engineer of Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) was killed after an iron slab accidentally fell on him after getting discharged from an overhead magnetic crane on Friday morning. He has been identified as S Rounaq (24), who had joined the steel ...2 Rourkela Steel Plant […]
- Rourkela Records 45.4 Degree Celsius - The New Indian Express June 12, 2015Rourkela Records 45.4 Degree CelsiusThe New Indian ExpressROURKELA:Intense heat condition continued in Sundargarh district with Rourkela City recording 45.4 degree Celsius on Thursday. High temperature coupled with humid condition for the last couple of days have made the life of common man miserable.
- Bimlagarh-Talcher Rail Link Gets A Push - The New Indian Express June 10, 2015The New Indian ExpressBimlagarh-Talcher Rail Link Gets A PushThe New Indian ExpressROURKELA: The Bimlagarh-Talcher railway line which was approved during Atal Bihari Vajpayee regime in 2003 and moved at a slow pace during the UPA-I and II rule, received a push with Union Minister Jual Oram taking up the project with the Railway ...
- Suffocation kills three in Rourkela - The Statesman (press release) June 10, 2015The Statesman (press release)Suffocation kills three in RourkelaThe Statesman (press release)Three persons died due to suffocation inside a deep well. The trio had entered the well to clean it as they were using water from the said well. Jairam Minz, 50 and Chaiti Minz were working in the brick kiln of one Adesh Sharma near […]
- New DMU on Rourkela-Sambalpur Route - The New Indian Express June 7, 2015The Statesman (press release)New DMU on Rourkela-Sambalpur RouteThe New Indian ExpressThe DMU will be introduced from Rourkela and will run as a special train from both the directions on the first day. However, it will run regularly from Monday from both ends. The DMU will leave Rourkela at 7.25 am daily except Sunday and reach […]
Weather for Rourkela
Showers and thunderstorms. Low 25C.
High 32° / Low 26°
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Cloudy early with thunderstorms developing later in the day. High 32C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%.
High 32° / Low 26°
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Variable clouds with thunderstorms, especially in the afternoon. High 32C. Winds W at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 50%.