Iron & Steel
Rourkela is a major trade center of Iron & Steel. One of the first steel plant, Rourkela Steel Plant, was set up in Rourkela in 1960. Rourkela Steel Plant operates as a unit of SAIL. Read more →
- Admin Plans 30 More City Buses for Rourkela - The New Indian Express April 17, 2015Admin Plans 30 More City Buses for RourkelaThe New Indian ExpressROURKELA: The local administration plans to launch 30 new city buses under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) on nine routes in the city next month. The city bus service under rapid transit system aims at providing better ...
- Elephants Back in Rourkela City - The New Indian Express April 17, 2015The New Indian ExpressElephants Back in Rourkela CityThe New Indian ExpressRourkela Assistant Conservator of Forest (ACF) JK Mohanty said the herd has nine elephants and after the raid on the company office, it went back to nearby reserve forest. “But the herd returned on Thursday evening and was stationed at IDL Colony.
- Twenty shift in-charges of Rourkela Steel Plant awarded for exemplary work - Economic Times April 9, 2015Twenty shift in-charges of Rourkela Steel Plant awarded for exemplary workEconomic TimesROURKELA: Twenty shift in-charges of Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) have been awarded the 'Performance Excellence Award for Shift In-charges' for exemplary leadership and outstanding work. The awards were presented to them in recognition of outstanding ...and more »
- NIT for research to boost industrial output in Rourkela - Times of India April 7, 2015NIT for research to boost industrial output in RourkelaTimes of IndiaBHUBANESWAR: A fabrication unit in Rourkela always wondered why it missed bagging tenders from prospective buyers. It invariably fell a little short of technical specifications because of lack of market research on what kind of products the companies ...
- PM Modi dedicates to nation Rs 12000-crore project at Rourkela Steel Plant - Economic Times April 1, 2015Economic TimesPM Modi dedicates to nation Rs 12000-crore project at Rourkela Steel PlantEconomic TimesROURKELA: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has exhorted the domestic steel industry to raise its production capacity to bridge the gap with China and in line with the government's plans to boost the country's manufacturing sector. "India has already left ...
- Modi inaugurates revamped Rourkela Steel Plant unit - Times of India April 1, 2015Times of IndiaModi inaugurates revamped Rourkela Steel Plant unitTimes of IndiaBHUBANESWAR: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday inaugurated the expanded and modernized unit of SAIL's Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP). Modi also visited the plate mill of RSP and held discussions on various development works carried out by ...and more »
- PM Modi may announce Rs 36000-cr expansion plan for Rourkela plant - Times of India March 29, 2015Times of IndiaPM Modi may announce Rs 36000-cr expansion plan for Rourkela plantTimes of IndiaNEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to announce a Rs 36,000-crore capacity expansion plan for SAIL's Rourkela steel plant when he inaugurates the modernized unit of the state-owned firm on April 1. During his maiden visit to the ...Narendra Modi […]
- Expansion of Rourkela Civic Body Stayed - The New Indian Express March 29, 2015Orissadiary.comExpansion of Rourkela Civic Body StayedThe New Indian ExpressCUTTACK:In a significant development which will have bearing on the upcoming Rourkela Municipal Corporation polls, the Orissa High Court has issued a stay on the Government notification on expansion of the municipality area as part of becoming a ...HC stays inclusion of tribal areas in Rourkela CorporationThe HinduOrissa […]
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to visit Rourkela on April 1: Jual Oram - Economic Times March 26, 2015Odisha Sun TimesPrime Minister Narendra Modi to visit Rourkela on April 1: Jual OramEconomic Times"I met Modi recently and discussed with him some projects in Rourkela. Besides, special assistance to the state for Nabakalebara, I discussed with him about making Rourkela airport a full-fledged one, second Brahmani bridge and establishing a medical ...Odisha's Steel City gearing […]
- Hanging bridge to connect Rourkela, Vedvyas temple - Times of India March 23, 2015Hanging bridge to connect Rourkela, Vedvyas templeTimes of IndiaROURKELA: The Vedvyas Shiva temple of Rourkela is set for a facelift. Union tribal affairs minister and Sundargarh MP Jual Oram on Sunday announced Rs 8 crore for the construction of a hanging bridge over the Brahmani river, connecting the city to the ...Vedvyas in Odisha's Rourkela to […]
Weather for Rourkela
Today is forecast to be Much Warmer than yesterday.
High 41° / Low 26°
Sunny. High 41C. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 km/h.
High 42° / Low 26°
Generally sunny despite a few afternoon clouds. High 42C. Winds SW at 10 to 15 km/h.
High 42° / Low 26°
Plentiful sunshine. High 42C. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 km/h.